This week we will be watching an animated clip from a myth story. It is myth containing a hero who calls to an Ancient Greek God to grant a wish.
Who will be your hero? Which God will you summon to help you? What will you ask for?
We will think about using interesting adjectives to describe the place the myth is set and the characters (e.g.mighty, still, brave, narrow) and verbs (e.g.boomed, held, hoped, imagined).
Can you think of any more?
We will also look at using adverbs to start sentences in different ways.
-Carefully, she crept inside the room
-Suddenly, she froze.
-Strangely, no none was in the classroom
Can you think of anymore?
We will look at features of a Myth story, plan it and then write it in best. When planning your ideas, you could think and discuss these questions:
1. Is there a problem that threatens the homeland? What is it?
2. Is there a hero? Who is the hero?
3. Is there a perilous journey? What happens on the journey?
4. Is there a horrible setting that the hero must travel into?
What is this place like?
5. Is there a monster in the story? What is this monster like?
6. Is the hero after a magical item? What does this item do?
7. Is there a happy resolution to the story?